About the DCFA
The Delaware County Finance Authority (DCFA) is a political subdivision created by the Delaware County Commissioners to assist in economic development and job creation in Delaware County. The DCFA offers numerous incentive programs and has the ability to issue tax-exempt and taxable bonds for business, developer, non-profit and governmental projects. The DCFA works in partnership with traditional lending institutions and its public partners to provide the most advantageous financing for your project.
One of the many programs offered by the DCFA is the Sales Tax Exemption Program (STEP). This program offers sales tax savings on construction materials purchased. Please contact our economic development staff today for more information and to discuss your specific project.
Who We Serve
Developers and Commercial Businesses
- Eliminate sales tax on construction materials
- Finance public infrastructure improvements (roads, sewers, etc.)
- Finance energy conservation improvements
- Tax-exempt bonds for manufacturing (building & equipment) with lower financing costs
Governmental Entities and Non-Profit Organizations
- Tax-exempt bonds for facilities (local governmental, healthcare, higher education & private schools) with lower financing costs
- Ohio governmental entities (not limited to Delaware County) can avoid issuing general obligation bonds